Conditions for Hire and Sale of Goods to Consumers and Businesses
“Consumer” an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual’s trade, business, craft or profession;
(i) the physical return of the Hire Goods by the Customer into the Supplier’s possession; or
“Liability” means liability for any and all damages, claims, proceedings, actions, awards, expenses, costs and any other losses and/or liabilities;
For full details please visit our Hireguard Insurance section which covers all aspects of the insurance.
Personal Data, Website and Social Media
Here at TBS Hire we understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our site (www.tbs-hire.co.uk), or contacts us directly either in person or via telephone or email. We will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person, that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
1. The Business
TBS Ltd is based at Thurston Road, Great Barton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy Notice will be referred to as the ‘Hire Company’, is pleased to provide the following information.
2. Who We Are
The Hire Company is a privately owned rental business providing plant and tool hire as well as repair and servicing of plant and equipment.
3. Personal Data
The Hire Company uses the information collected from you to provide quotations, make telephone contact, and to email you the information concerning your enquiry.
For marketing purposes, the Hire Company may use the contact details provided by you to respond to your enquires including making telephone contact, emailing information to you which we believe may be of interest to you.
In your making initial contact you consent to the Hire Company maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out, which you can do at any stage, or we decided to desist in promoting our services. At all times, the business will work hard to be fully GDPR compliant.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence, when you visit the branch, from phone calls and details of you visits to our website, including but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. The Hire Company may from time to time use such information to identify visitors. Additional information may be collected from you when you visit the company, such as a copy of your driving licence or other identity documents. At the end of the hire agreement you may request these copy documents be returned to you.
The Hire Company will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with the products or services it provides the business does not sell or broker your data.
Telephone calls are not recorded.
The premises are equipped with CCTV cameras for 24/7 security purposes. Please contact the Hire Company’s representative at the end of the document for more information.
4. Legal Basis for Processing Any Personal Data
To meet our contractual obligations to customers and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the products and services provided.
5. Legitimate Interests Pursued by the Business
To promote our products and/or services with regard to the hire of plant, tools and equipment. To promote the hire business and the different products offered for construction, landscaping and DIY projects and/or events. Communications may include direct mail, email, newsletters, telephone calls, social media and any other channels to reach those that may be interested in hiring equipment and tools.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to the hire company processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this notice.
The Hire Company will keep your personal information safe and secure, although our administration team will have access to your contact details so that they can manage your account.
The Hire Company will not disclose your personal information unless compelled in order to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid government requests.
The business may also enforce its Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of its terms and conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of its staff.
8. Retention Policy
The Hire Company will process personal data during the duration of any business dealings and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after any contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basis information needs to be retained by us to meet our future obligations to you such as erasure details. Records concerning minors will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
9. Data Storage
All data is held in the UK. The Hire Company does not store personal data outside the EEA.
10. Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point whilst the Hire Company is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be Forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to Restriction of Processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right or Portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to Object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing, Including Profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that the Hire Company refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
At your request the Hire Company can confirm that what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
11. Information You Can Request
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the process is based on the legitimate interests of the Hire Company and information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipients or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data it if wasn’t collected directly by you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling and any meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
12. To Access Personal Data, Identification will be Required
The Hire Company will accept the following forms of id when information on your personal data is requested, a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than 3 months. A minimum of 1 piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If the Hire Company is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to email@example.com or by phoning 01284 788122 or writing to us at the address below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by the Hire Company you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the ICO.
The details of each of these contacts are:
Internal Data Protection Officer
- Emma Jackson, TBS Ltd, Thurston Road, Great Barton, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 2PJ
- Telephone: 01284 788122
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF
- Telephone: 0303 123 1113
- Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email
Listed below are all the cookies created by our website and a brief description of its purpose, aswell as the third-party cookies created by our social media content. Upon your first visit of this website, a popup window will have appeared asking for your consent for us to use these cookies. For further information regarding cookies, please visit www.cookiesandyou.com.
First Party Cookies created by this website include:
This cookie is created to store your selection of the consent of cookies on our website. It doesn’t store or collect any other data. It is needed to remember your selection, removing this cookie will give you a popup banner each time you visit the website.
This cookie is created automatically when you visit our website in your browser. It is used to store any information relative to your current browsing session and is automatically deleted when you leave our website.
Third Party Cookies used by this website include:
- Associated Facebook Cookies
- Associated Twitter Cookies
The cookies listed above are required for our social media content displayed on our homepage. If you have social media accounts on the above networks, and have not signed out of those accounts, some of your personal data may be obtained when you visit our website. We, TBS Hire, are not collecting or using this information, nor do we have control over said information.
The contents of this website is property of TBS Hire and is subject to copyright. Any content provided by third parties has been used with permission from the owner or under the GNU General Public License.
This website was designed to provide information relating to the services in which we, TBS Hire, provide to our customers. Whilst we strive to keep this information up to date and accurate, there may be some delay in the website displaying the current relevant information, in which case, any verbal communications made with us hold precedent over details on our website. The details of machinery are guidelines only and have no binding status.
We are not responsible should any damages to property or machinery occur due to incorrect measurements listed on our website. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safe opperation of our products according to our Hire Conditions.
The contents of this website should not be found offensive or harmful in any means, nor is it intended to cause harm. If however, there is something you are not happy with please get in touch with us on 01284 788122.
We, TBS Hire, are not responsible for any content found on external websites which we may have provided a link to.
The use of social media is a vital advertising and marketing tool used by the majority of companies all around the world. Some content found on social media sites can be found disturbing or harmful to certain members of the public. Here at TBS Hire, we aim to keep all the content in which we post to the social media networks as clear from offence as possible. It is certainly not our intent to offend anyone who views our social media content. However, we cannot control the views and opinions of others who may have responded or interacted with our social media accounts. If there is content viewable which you find offensive or disturbing, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on 01284 788122 and we will do everything within our juristriction to resolve the issue.